Do you feel controlled and suffocated in your relationship? Do you fear your partner? Are you clueless about dealing with him? Do not worry. You are not alone and there are plenty of women who suffer in the same way. The question you should ask yourself is that is he emotionally abusive?
If you are facing emotional abuse, you should not suffer like this and, should get out of such a negative relationship. If your partner’s behavior seems abnormal to you, and, he is trying to change you, you should see red. But, at first, you need to be sure of what’s going on. If you are feeling stifled by your partner, you should watch out for signs, to find out the answer to the question, is he emotionally abusive, or not?
Here are few signs that indicate that your partner is physically abusive. If you notice these things in him, you should seriously reconsider being in this relationship:
• Controlling nature: If your partner is always trying to control your life, you should be alert. A person, who has abusive tendencies, will try to control every aspect of your life. He will try to determine how you behave, where you go, what you do, etc. He might even try to control your money, expenditure, etc. In short, if your partner treats you as if you are his personal property, you should start asking yourself, is he emotionally abusive?
• Brainwashing tendency: An emotional abuser will try to change you according to his preference. He will try to model you around his convenience and won’t have any respect for your own choice and decisions. He won’t accept you for who you are and will have a set of expectations from you. If you do not meet his expectations and do not listen to him, he will be rude and mean to you.
• Bad temper: If he is abusive, your partner will lose temper very easily. He will snap at you and abuse you verbally at the slightest of provocations. He will vent his frustrations on you and will insult you unnecessarily.
• Low self esteem: He will have low self esteem and will be extremely insecure. These sorts of people are extremely jealous and possessive and expect their partners to be completely submissive to them. They think that the level of their masculinity is reflected by the submissiveness of their partners.
• Multiple personalities: A person who is an emotional abuser is not necessarily abusive all the time. Otherwise, you would not have been attracted to him at the first place. They switch from being really nice to really mean. Their behavioral traits are completely unpredictable and, he might charm you off your feet in one moment, and might do something hateful in the next moment.
• Passing the blame: If your partner has a tendency of making you responsible for his problems and mistakes, then, you have found the answer to the determining question, is he emotionally abusive? If he blames you for his drinking problem, or, is constantly in denial about his issues, he is definitely abusive. These people never accept their mistakes and the fact that they need counseling and medical help.
Once you are sure about is he emotionally abusive or not, you can decide either to walk out of the strenuous relationship, or, to help him change himself.
Here is when Forget Your Ex Course comes in. You learn how to heal as quickly as possible…I mean in a short time… and you will be able to move on in your life. Do the things you like to do…feeling more powerful and loved. That is the only way to survive a break up, otherwise you will just be mourning all day long with your ex pain..